Pages

A Happy {Rainbow} Hello

Thursday, July 17, 2014

 
 
Yesterday Jennifer posted a video showing a
I'm not a huge fan of pigment inks, which are necessary for this technique, but I did have one pad that I didn't get rid of. I tried using distress inks and distress paints.  Both worked, but Jennifer's right, pigment works best.

 
In her video, Jennifer shares her sandwich.
I thought I'd share mine since we use a different machine.
I use a Cuttlebug and my sandwich is as follows:
 
From Bottom to Top
A Plate
2 Tan Mats
Cardstock
Wood Veneer {Ink  Side Down}
C Plate
 
Worked like a charm!

I used Inktense pencils to create my rainbow and then used it to create the strip down the side and also to die cut the Hand Lettered Hello.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


Cardstock: Recollections 110lb. White
Stamps: WP9 Hand Lettered Hello
Ink: Marcella By K Silver Pigment Ink
Dies: WP9 Hand Lettered Hello
Other: Derwent Inktense Pencils, Canson Watercolor Paper

16 comments :

  1. thanks for the cuttlebug sandwich which i use - love your take on the letterpress - and your card of course! will have to pin this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Kara. And thanks for sharing your cuttlebug sandwich for this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning card! Really loving the color combo. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kara,the technique is so cool. I don't know if I have any pigment inks left either, but worth looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful!! I'm with you on pigments, nope nope nope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and thank you for the cuttlebug sandwich info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! This is beautiful - love that soft rainbow edge!! And the wood veneer trick worked wonderfully!! Your hello is so inviting and the colors on it rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous card! Love the strip you created to the side of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Kara! Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS card, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your shout-out at Moxie Fab - this is such a pretty card, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love this, Kara!! Just the right amount of rainbow! Congrats on your MFW shout out : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the Moxie Fab recognition, Kara! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very awesome that this beautiful and super creative card got a shout out from over at Moxie Fab World!! So deserved!! Love the amazing beauty that is this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |