Pages

12 Kits Of Occasions {May 2014}

Saturday, May 31, 2014

 
Today is a very special day.
It's the last day of the month when we share our 12 Kits Of Occasions projects.
It's also my 11th wedding anniversary!
 
 
Joyce is the hostess this month
and she put together a fun red, white, and blue, nautical/Father's Day themed kit for us.
This month we also have 2 guest designers.
Lindsey won her kit from a little contest Joyce had on the 12 Kits Of Occasions Blog.
Sherrie is a surprise guest that Joyce selected.  She kept it a secret from us for a long time too!
I can't wait to see what they have made with their kits.
 
 
This first card is a fun collage of elements for Dad.

 
I decided to make a shaker for this card.  Since my sequins were all different colors {none of which matched my project} I decided to use vellum instead of acetate.  This way the colors from the sequins show through, but are very subtle at the same time.  The colors didn't matter.


 
For this one I had a little fun with my washi tape.


 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Make sure to visit the other girls and see what they have made.
I'm sure it's awesome.
For a full supply list visit the 12 Kits Of Occasion Blog.
 

18 comments :

  1. this is my favorite kit yet! i love all things nautical - love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! And happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your cards! I always look forward to seeing these posts!! Happy anniversary! My husband and I will have ours in November :) it will be 13 years for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First and most importantly...
    Happy Anniversary! :)
    Hope you and Ryan have a wonderful weekend together! :)
    Next...
    what fabulous cards...
    I LOVE that shaker card...
    perfection!
    They're all incredibly creative...
    as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still trying to get over your card from yesterday...and then there is a whole new batch of cards today! I LOVE the washi tape card...curling up the ends is such a fun idea...cute paired with the cork thanks sentiment. Love the shaker card and patterned papers you paired it with...cute little banners across the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARVELOUS cards as always Kara, what a fun kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the collage for your dad. The washi tape card is brilliant, with the ends curled up. Wonderful shaker card! Love them all Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary. Here's to many many more. I love all the cards you made. You always put such an interesting spin on things. Your first collage card is so cool--and a great way to use a bunch of fun stuff all at once. Love the way you used the washi tape as well. And, thanks for the brilliant tip about the shaker and vellum. That's a handy one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kara...your cards are amazing! So fun and just so perfect. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Kara! Love the vellum shaker (I have to remember this idea!), and the fun way you used your washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, happy anniversary. Second, your cards are wonderful. I especially love your sequin shaker card. What a great idea to use vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous designs, Kara! Love your shaker card. What a wonderful idea to use vellum. And how clever to roll up the washi tape--a whole new and unique look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally outside the box girl! Love the curly washi strips, the collage look of the first one with the red polka dot paper peeking out, and you KNOW I'm diggin a shaker card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kara fabulous cards! I love your first card with all the die cuts--so cool and the rolled up washi is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so fun to join you guys this month! What a wonderful set of cards Kara. Love what you did with the washi and your collage card. Great how you layered all those elements.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these cards even more knowing the kit you used. The first collage one is brilliant and my favorite because I would have never thought to use the supplies that way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving how you made the birthday card a shaker card! What a fabulous idea! Then that first card with all the sentiments really reminds me of Broadway signs in New York :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |