Pages

Math {=} Art

Saturday, September 28, 2013


 
I love math!
Either you totally agree with me or you are giving me a disgusted are-you-crazy look.
They say you are either more right brained or left brained, but I love math and art.
I would even go as far as to say math {and science} equal art.
balance, symmetry, patterns
I created this pattern using a corner spider web stamp from the Avery Elle stamp set called
Twisted Treats.  I stamped in a repeated, connected pattern that reminds me of fractals.
I colored the sections with copics and then added glow-in-the-dark glitter to the centers.  The glow is super bright in person, but difficult to photograph.
 
 
Check out my Instagram feed to see it glow!

 
I'd say both sides are pretty connected!
Good to see you again ;)
 

Cardstock: AE White, PTI Black
Stamps: AE Twisted Treats
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Other: Copics, Silhouette Owl, glitter

12 comments :

  1. Kara, this is SOO cool! I love how you've stamped these!!b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely a math kind of girl...thus the symmetrical designs, etc. Love your card..so cool and definitely shows the combo of math/art talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek - love the connected webs! You have created such a cool, clever background. Definitely more of a right brain person, but I also love helping my kids with their Algebra homework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek - love the connected webs! You have created such a cool, clever background. Definitely more of a right brain person, but I also love helping my kids with their Algebra homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara this is fantastic and the perfect balance of symmetry and patterns. The glow in the dark glitter sounds fantastic, I bet it is so cool. You wouldn't know I was math minded if you saw my high school marks, but I definitely am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. And, I was always good in math too. But, not good in art. But, I know art when I see it, and that has to suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one cool card! I love the glow in the dark glitter, sounds so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding!!! Love your background Kara, beautifully executed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing backgrounds you have created and this one is just over the top amazing! LOVE it! Shows art & math are perfect partners!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow…I love that fun creative card you developed! I love that glow in the dark glitter too! Kinda pricey but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always said that math & art are connected too! I love math as well...well, except for geometry...theorems drove me crazy....but art and stamping really take top billing in my world! This is such a fun card and I am sure that glowing glitter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Years ago, the company that I worked for had us all tested for left brain/right brain plus there was another component and the combination defined your brain in four quadrants. I was completely and totally equal in each. This mean I was either going to be a great CEO - or a great housewife!!! But it also explains why my career and schooling have revolved around numbers and math, but my passion revolves around the little works of art that we each create in our cards!

    Having said all of that - I surely would not have come up with spider web fractals on a card!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |